Specialist Paediatric Dentistry
- About Me
- My Philosophy
- Paediatric Dentistry
- Photo Gallery
- Publications, Lectures & Research
- Contact Me
Dr Malcolm Levinkind BDS, MSc, PhD, FDS RCS
After qualifying from University College Hospital in 1978, I spent a short period working in both the general practice and the hospital sector in the UK before moving to South Africa where I worked for two years in private practice. I returned to the UK to start my MSc in Paediatric Dentistry under Professor Winter at the Eastman Dental Hospital. Following which I spent over 12 years working as a full-time Lecturer and was promoted to Senior Lecturer at the Royal London Hospital. As part of my duties I was in charge of the children’s dental trauma unit and the clinical aspects of the MSc in Paediatric Dentistry.
As every child is unique, my philosophy extends far beyond just diagnosing a dental problem and treating teeth.
I was originally taught a very mechanical, surgical approach; diagnosing the problem, remove it and replace the missing tissue. During my 30 years of clinical practice, I’ve learned that this approach is limited. My philosophy as a specialist Paediatric Dentist has evolved as I have come to realise the importance of treating the whole person and seeing the connection between a person’s body, their teeth, lifestyle and their general health.
- Talking Points in Dentistry in association with GlaxoSmithkline
- Effect of canal preparation and residual root filling material on root impedance
- The development and validation of an occlusal site-specific plaque index to evaluate the effects of
- Scanning microradiographic studies of rates of in vitro demineralization in human and bovine dental